Director of Student Ministry
Send Resume to: [email protected]
Title: Director of Student Ministry
Department: Next Generation
Reports to: Next Gen Director
Under the authority of the Next Gen Director, the Student Ministry Director is responsible for fulfilling the mission of One Life to help middle school and high school students who are far from God trust and follow Jesus. It is the Student Ministry Director job to develop and maintain Student Ministry core values for effective ministry to this specific group.
Must have excellent relational skills and be proficient in leading multiple groups of staff/volunteers. Must be able to communicate efficiently core values and strategic planning in an effort to accomplish the network goals of One Life Church as relevant to Student Ministries.
Minimum of an undergraduate degree (or pursuit of) in a related field desired. Must have at least two years of experience in directly teaching/leading kids between the ages of 12-18 years. Experience in non-profit or ministry areas preferred. The Student Ministry Director must have a servant leader mindset, be strongly gifted in leadership and communication, and demonstrate a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Work with One Life Next Gen Director to implement a vision and strategy for effective student ministry at the One Life Campus site according to the values of One Life Church and in alignment with the strategic plan
- Work with staff/volunteers at the One Life site to implement a Sunday morning middle school service as appropriate at that site
- Work with staff/volunteers at the One Life site to implement Sunday morning high school serving opportunities as appropriate at that site
- Provide ongoing training, vision-casting, and leadership development opportunities to student ministry volunteers/staff
- Work with Next Gen Director to develop and implement a transitional plan for incoming and outgoing students to provide for continued spiritual development
- Adhere to budgetary guidelines for student ministries
- Build and maintain a healthy relationship and communication with parents at the campus site.
- Develop and maintain healthy team relationships with pastors, directors, church staff, and ministry leaders through relationship building, attendance at weekly staff meetings and other meetings as necessary
- Provide direction to CAC team for student ministry related graphic materials and communications
- Oversee all aspects of the Middle and High School Student Ministry at One Life East:
- Ongoing development of small groups and discipleship within the ministry to help leaders and students become disciples of Jesus who make disciples
- Oversee the development and ongoing ministry to middle school and high school students
- Develop and implement trips, retreats, and missions projects for students as fits with the OL mission and vision
- Collaborate with other like-minded community organizations involved with student ministry
- Carry out the vision, direction, and oversight to the east student ministries leadership team (volunteer & staff) and provide guidance/shared resources with other sites.
- Ensure the child/volunteer protection process is operating within current safety guidelines
- Ensure that biblical and relevant teaching is provided throughout student ministry in line with the theological distinctives of One Life Network.