Title: Director of Kids Ministry
Reports to: Campus Pastor/Director
General Function: Under the direction of the Campus Pastor/Director, the Director of Kids Ministry is responsible for the overall direction and development of ministry to children and families from birth through grade 5 at the One Life campus. This position also serves as the Network Unifier for Kids Ministry.
Know How: The Director of Kids Ministry should be a dedicated Christ-follower who is passionate about the development of children and families. A four year degree in Family Ministry, Education, or similar field is preferred.
- Recruit and develop leaders to oversee children’s program areas at the site.
- Provide ongoing leadership, direction, and training to leaders and volunteers.
- Implement a retention and recruitment strategy for kids min volunteers at site.
- Ensure teams are functioning according to One Life DNA and function in alignment with OL Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Maintain a healthy volunteer environment through vision casting, discipleship, and an appropriate schedule rotation for volunteers.
- In conjunction with other campus directors, develop and implement a connection and discipleship path between Kids Min, Students, and College.
- Implement and manage systems for volunteer management and tracking (ex: Planning Center Online, Fellowship One)
- Implement systems that promote the safety and security of children. Conduct annual safety training (child abuse prevention, active shooter, etc.).
- Partner with parents to resource them to be their child’s primary spiritual leader.
- Connect weekly with other campus directors to promote overall health of campus. Actively participate in the achievement of campus initiatives, goals and directives.
- Connect regularly with regional One Life Next Gen directors for collaboration on Network initiatives.
Network Unifier Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Elder/Oversight Board, create, select and/or develop curriculum for ministry at all OL sites.
- Oversee curriculum usage and creation for OLN and develop, implement and maintain systems to deliver curriculum and supportive materials to OL sites
- Keep all Next Gen directors informed and aligned according to OLN Mission, Vision, and Values
- Plan and implement ministry initiatives to promote unity among all OLN sites
- Schedule and lead regular unified meetings with all Next Gen leaders
Effect on end result:
This position will be considered successful when:
- Campus kids ministry reflects the mission, vision, and values of One Life Network.
- Volunteer engagement is high and turnover is low.
- Campus Kids leaders are resourced adequately to provide effective ministry
- Next Gen directors across all campuses are adequately resourced to provide ministry at their campus in alignment with Network mission, vision, and values.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]