Welcome to One Life Church
Thanks for checking out One Life Church. Check out the video above to hear from our Lead Pastor, Bret Nicholson.
Who We Are
We are a church and organization with the dream of planting churches that are completely devoted to helping people who are far from God trust and follow Jesus.
Our mission is to equip a Christ-centered community that helps people far from God trust and follow Jesus and our vision is Planting churches devoted to changing the secular worldview of the next generation.
Everything we believe, say and do is founded upon and held accountable to the Bible, which is the inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
The planning for One Life Church planting started getting aggressive in 2010 with a team from Bethel Temple Community Church in Evansville, Indiana and Henderson, Kentucky who launched the new church planting organization called One Life Network, Inc.. After months of prayer and preparation, the first church site was secured and renovated in Henderson at an old Ben Franklin Store in Eastgate Shopping center at 1644 Second Street.
One Life Church is governed by an Elder Board and an Oversight Board.
The Elder Board is responsible for the following:
- One Life’s mission: To help people far from God trust and follow Jesus.
- One Life’s health: Providing avenues for shepherding and pastoral care, conflict resolution, discipline, and restoration.
- One Life’s resources: Fiduciary responsibility for One Life – listed as “Board of Directors” in documents related to governmental oversight.
- One Life’s doctrine: Ensuring that our teaching and practices accurately reflect our Statement of Faith and our Theological Distinctives.
Stephen Sleziak, President
Dan Gross, Vice President
Mark Jones, Secretary
The Oversight Board is responsible for the following:
- Oversight of day-to-day management of the church, providing encouragement, assistance, advice, and consultation to the Lead Pastor and other executive staff.
- Oversight and accountability for organizational and operational excellence.
- Financial stewardship (shared fiduciary responsibility with Elders).
- Talent identification, development, and advice/counsel to staff on human resource issues (possible HR subcommittee).
- Annual budget and staff compensation recommendations for approval by Elders.
Oversight Board Members:
Mike DeVoy, Treasurer (interim)