(One Life West) 9.3.23 Huddle
- Tell a brief story about how being in a group or team helped you or a time when you wished you had a group of people to help you.
Read and Discuss:
37 When they heard this, they were pierced to the heart and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what should we do?”
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you and for your children, and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” 40 With many other words he testified and strongly urged them, saying, “Be saved from this corrupt generation!” 41 So those who accepted his message were baptized, and that day about three thousand people were added to them.
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and signs were being performed through the apostles. 44 Now all the believers were together and held all things in common. 45 They sold their possessions and property and distributed the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple, and broke bread from house to house. They ate their food with joyful and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. Every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.
- Why were the people pierced to the heart when they heard Peter’s sermon?
- Why does Peter want them to repent and get baptized?
- After becoming followers of Jesus, why did they start meeting together?
- How would you define fellowship?
- How is it more than just hanging out?
- Where do you find fellowship and community?
- What are some ways you can help the groups you are in devote themselves to the apostles’ teaching, eating together, and to fellowship?
- Who is someone that you could reach out to this week to encourage them to join your group?
1 Corinthians 12:12-14
12 For just as the body is one and has many parts, and all the parts of that body, though many, are one body—so also is Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and we were all given one Spirit to drink. 14 Indeed, the body is not one part but many.
- What are some ways the Church functions as a body?
- How should the body of Christ be working as one in the world around us?
- Do you see other people’s gifts and functions within the church as better than yours? Why or why not?
- What are some ways people get jealous of others’ gifts or roles in the church?
- What is your part within the body?
- How can being part of a group help you to contribute to the body of Christ?
- What are some excuses you might use for not using your gifts?
- What ways can you help others this week through what God has gifted you with?
- When will you do this?
Thank God for the people He has put in your life. If you feel like you don’t have a good group of Christ-followers around you, pray that He would open your eyes to the people around you that you could have a great community with.