- How has someone helped you carry a burden in your life?
Read and Discuss
Colossians 2:2-4 CSB
2 I want their hearts to be encouraged and joined together in love, so that they may have all the riches of complete understanding and have the knowledge of God’s mystery—Christ. 3 In him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I am saying this so that no one will deceive you with arguments that sound reasonable.
- Why does Paul say that Christ is God’s mystery?
- If all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Christ, how do we uncover those treasures?
- What are some ways that worldly arguments, or ways of thinking, may sound reasonable to others?
- How can knowing the Bible help you when other arguments sound reasonable?
- Why did Paul want the Colossians to have their hearts encouraged and joined together in love?
- Why is it important for followers of Jesus to be encouraged and have their hearts joined together in love?
- What can you do this week to encourage and love others?
Matthew 11:28-30 NIV
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- What does this passage teach us about Jesus’ character?
- What is a yoke?
- What are some ways that walking with Jesus is easy and His burden light?
- How are people around you weary and burdened?
- How can you help them?
- Why is Jesus able to provide rest for our souls?
- What are some ways you try to solve your burdens apart from Jesus?
- How can we follow Jesus’ example of being gentle and humble in heart when it comes to helping people who are weary and burdened?
- What burden have you been carrying that you need to bring to Jesus this week?
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Thank God for giving us Jesus so that we can know His mysteries
Adoration– Worship the Lord for being gentle and humble
Confess to those times when you have tried to figure out your burdens on your own. Ask for forgiveness for the times you haven’t been gentle and humble with those who are struggling with sin.
Others- Ask the Lord to show you someone who is burdened that you can share His love with this week
Self- Pray that the Lord would help you to rest in Him this week and that you would give Him all your burdens and things that make you weary.