- What are some things that shape people’s worldviews?
Read and Discuss!
Luke 16:10-13 NASB
10 “He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much. 11 Therefore if you have not been faithful in the use of unrighteous wealth, who will entrust the true riches to you? 12 And if you have not been faithful in the use of that which is another’s, who will give you that which is your own? 13 No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.”
- Who is Jesus addressing?
- What are some things Jesus says shape people’s worldview?
- What does it mean that if you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in much?
- What are some ways you have seen that to be true in your life and in those around you?
- What are some ways people could use their resources to serve God?
- What lies do people believe about money that make them want to serve it?
- What is the appeal about serving money?
- How has money shaped your worldview?
Luke 16:14-17 NASB
14 Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, were listening to all these things and were scoffing at Him. 15 And He said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts; for that which is highly esteemed among men is detestable in the sight of God.
16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it. 17 But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail.
- Why did the Pharisees scoff at Jesus’ teaching?
- Why do people justify themselves to please other people?
- What are some ways you try to justify yourself in front of others?
- What are some things that are “highly esteemed” in this world, that are detestable in the sight of God?
- Jesus mentions preaching the kingdom of God. Why is that so important to Him and His teachings?
- How did the Kingdom of God shape Jesus’ worldview?
- How can we live with the kingdom of God mindset that Jesus did while He was on earth?
- What is one thing you have been justifying in your own life that doesn’t line up with the Kingdom of God?
- What is one step you can take in that area this week toward Jesus and His kingdom?
- Who will help you with this and when will you talk to them about it?
Luke 16:15 And He said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts; for that which is highly esteemed among men is detestable in the sight of God.
Thank Jesus for living a kingdom centered-life to show us the way to live
Adoration- Worship the Lord for building a kingdom worth living for
Confess to the times you have justified yourself before people and served other things instead of God
Others- Pray for someone who is outside of the kingdom of God. Ask for an opportunity to talk to them this week about what it means to live a full life in God’s kingdom.
Self- Ask the Lord to help you live daily in His kingdom!