Think.Wonder.Explore: Week 1
Worship, Love, Compassion
1. The tagline for the first two weeks of our series is, “Think. You Can.” It is a claim that faith and reason are not in conflict. How does our culture and popular media portray faith and reason? What stood out to you from the message this Sunday?
2. One of the greatest acts of love we can give one another is to listen and dialogue with respect. As a Group or Team, go around and share with one another where you are on the Doubt-Faith spectrum. What are some of your “doubt weights”? What are some of your “faith weights”?
3. Read Acts 17:16-34 together. What do you observe about how Paul talked to the Athenians? This is an outline we came up with:
What can we affirm?
What should we correct?
What appropriate culture references can us to communicate?
What do they need to know about the Gospel and who God is?
Where can we apply or push for a response?
Use this exercise for your community (Hendo, West, East) to think about how to participate in Cultural Communication. It isn’t easy, but stick with it!
Intentional Discipleship Questions
1. Share with me who or what you are praying for. Why?
2. What is God teaching you through His word and how are you responding?
3. How did the Lord use you this week to show His love in your workplace?